5 Favorites - Home Gym Edition
As you know, I've been training with my Trainer; Jonathan, of Elite Fitness of Atlanta. We've been using various things; yes, sometimes the case of water, paint can or box of shoes that are thrown in my garage...cough - I mean gym. But, we've been using other equipment, that I've come to really love. It's not overly complicated; but its effective.
I've linked these items in case you want to get after it.
1. Kettle Bells - Yes, please! These things are sneaky good. You can do a variety of exercises with them that you cannot do with traditional dumb bells. Kettle Bell Swings, Sumo Squat with Shoulder Pull, Kettle Bell Snatches; etc. Plus, they're small and compact and won't take up a lot of space.
2. Swiss Ball - Who doesn't love a good ab workout? This also provides you with a lot of options. Swiss Ball transfers, Swiss Ball Pikes, Regular crunches...you get it.
3. TRX - I cannot begin to explain how much I LOVE the TRX. I could spend an entire post on how much I love this thing. The TRX can provide a full body workout, arms, abs, legs and trust me...I've done it and I'm always sore AF after.
4. Dumb Bells - This is the no brainer - they're great, effective and you can do so many exercises with them. You don't need a full rack; get anything from 5-20lbs and you can get it done.
5. Jump Rope - I've really grown to love this thing. I went from being an absolute uncoordinated mess, to a legit rock star. In fact, I might enter into a contest. Kidding, but maybe not. The jump rope ads a quick burst of cardio in between weight sets, keeps the heart rate up and fat burning. YES! Also, who could go wrong with its compact-ness?
So, there you have it - a few items to get that home gym started and you motivated.