Influential Woman - Katherine Rizzuto
Katherine was nominated by a great friend of mine; we all funny enough work at the same company. It's funny how you can all work together and never truly hear of how amazing people are until you start a blog and create a series of women being badass. Nonetheless, I 100% can see why Katherine was nominated. She is smart, has whit, is driven and everything that women aspire to be. She has such a great reputation within Oracle; as being a true leader. All of her colleagues and team members love her and after reading her answers and her passion for life, I'm not the least bit surprised. I'm lucky to work in the same company as her and love her view on all things career, life and love.
...That is why; Katherine, is this weeks - Most Influential Woman
Name: Katherine Rizzuto
Profession: VP Bus.Dev/ Sales Retail and Restaurants/ ODC
Quick Background: A decades long career in brand advertising and marketing with a focus on marketing, media, information and data sales. I have held leadership positions in Traditional Media (Publisher: Marie Claire, Brides, Fitness, InStyle) as well as digital media at Warner Bros and Yahoo! I moved into Information sales (for marketing) at IHS, and am currently at the Oracle Data Cloud overseeing a team of mar tech and data focused sellers. My passion is bringing first to market tech to brands and developing and celebrating great sales talent.
1. Who has inspired you in life and why? My mother was divorced when I was 6. She raised all 5 of us, and went back to school in her 40’s to get a Master of Education degree. She was the epitome of ‘just do it’. And very funny.
2. What is one characteristic a person needs to succeed? Curiosity. It is what I look for most when developing a team. It astounds me when I don’t find it! How could you not always want to be learning and growing in life and your career?
3. What is always in your purse at all times? Cherry Chapstick
4. What is your favorite phrase? (Oooh. No.)It might involve the F word, under my breath of course.
5. What motivates you the most? My family.
6. What was your biggest hurdle you had to overcome? Getting my husband to fall in love with me, over and over again.
7. Who do you want to be when you grow up? Richard Engle or Christianne Amanpour
8. If you could meet one person either alive or deceased, who would it be and why? Jesus. I am a bit of an agnostic. I have a lot of questions.
9. What is your favorite question to ask? Where are you from? Or What’s your birth order?
10. Biggest piece of advice to new moms? Sleep.
11. Biggest piece of advice to a working mom? Don’t be guilty. I was guilty for 20 years. It’s just useless. One day it leaves you when your kids are fine and all grown up and happy, and you could’ve had that weight off of your shoulders for a long time.
12. What is something that most people don’t know about you? I would love to be in politics. Like a Senator. For real.
13. What makes you laugh? My kids, my dogs, my friends ….actually pretty much anything. I laugh a lot.
14. Is it better to be perfect and late or good and on time? Good and On Time for sure!
15. What’s one accomplishment you are most proud of? I wrote and published a Children's Book called “Poodles Don’t Play Tennis” That was fun.
16. What’s your favorite song? “When the Stars Go Blue” by Ryan Adams or any other cover. Great love song.
17. What are you passionate about? Liberal causes. Reproductive rights, Climate issues, Refugee rights, Healthcare for everyone.
18. What is your philosophy towards work? Hire people that you would laugh with on a 2 hour car drive.
19. How do you define success? Laughing with said people, and making money.
20. What does family mean to you? Pure Joy with an ounce of Stress
21. If you were an animated character, who would you be and why? I always liked the way that Tigger entered a room.
22. What worries you, and why? Those political issues from above. I worry about the world we are leaving our kids.
23. Would you rather be respected or liked? Liked.
24. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? She Slept with Dogs.
25. What was your favorite job? Mucking stables when I was a kid.